Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Giving men wings.

Fear, in my opinion, is man's worst enemy and greatest motivation of action.

It is fear that gives men wings.

Hate, anger, frustration and emotional attachments have similar results. But, to me at least, the greatest motive generator and extreme result bringer is, indeed, FEAR.

Fear goes well with pride.

Let me explain.

You > Fear > Pride > Results.

You are driven by your fears, and your pride entices you to face adversity and in the end you will come out on top.

That's how procrastinators meet deadlines. Really.

My story with fear is this, I realized that fear gives man wings when I had to face mine.

It was 2005, I believe, around 7:30 in the morning. I was skipping school and heading home. There was a house with a rottweiler. Never bothered me, barked alot, but no issues. Except that now, the owner had put in a large dog house. The dog saw me walking by, jumped on to his dog house and over the damn fence.

Now, if you know me, I can't run. I don't like running, I hate running.

I ran.

For everything it was worth, I ran. The walk home was usually around 45 minutes, I cleared that in less than five minutes with a crazy fucking dog behind me. I didn't make it home. I got to the highway I had to cross, stopped, couldn't run anymore, couldn't breathe. Turned around to see the dog closing in.

I braced myself.

Breathe, I thought. Breathe!

The dog leaped towards me, and without the slightest bit of hesitation I swung my fist as hard and as fast as I could. I hit that fucker right in the face. The dog fell, scrambled, yelped and ran away.

I fell on the pavement, caught my breathe.

FEAR gave me wings. FEAR gave me strength. FEAR pushed me. FEAR consumed me.

Do not be afraid to be afraid. Face your fears, pussy.

Doctor Gill says

~love yourself~

No comments:

Post a Comment