Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Another Dream

I woke up breathless. Heart beating furiously. I lay back in my bed and sighed relief. I got out of bed, grabbed my last cigarette and entered my smoke chamber (bathroom) and relived the dream in my head...

I crawled in to bed and put my head on my pillow and before I knew it I was out.

The dream started simple, like any other. I was in Subang, as usual. The streets below the office. I wandered around in the streets and ended up in my room again. With a friend, no names mentioned, he was trying to roll a weed blunt. He did it successfully. I was cleaning off my desk wiping loose strands of tobacco from the wooden platform.

I said goodbye to my friend as he stoned off on my bed, and headed outside again. Back to the streets of Subang. Walking through Subang Square and out to the other side where the shoplots are. For some reason, there was a very nice outdoor coffee shop in the corner lot, where the TBS building should be. Oddly, the entire mood and scene reminded me of a romantic evening in France streets. Anyway, I walked through the coffee shop and headed right around the corner. In the distance, along the row of shops, I noticed a bun shop named 'Happy Times Buns'. It was obvious to me the shop was a weed spot under cover of a bun shop.

I entered and saw people feasting on their toasted butter buns. They sure did smell good. Reminiscent of Rotiboy. I looked in to the kitchen where the bun makers worked endlessly. Lab coats and surgical masks on with hair bags. Look more like a science facility than a bun kitchen.

Near the back of the kitchen was an older Chinese gentleman. He looked at me expectantly. I gave him a slight head nod and he understood why I was there. He made his way toward me with a smile on his face. Pointing at the buns on a tray he asked "any order?"

To keep it a nice pleasant visit, I answered " yeah, give me two toasted buns." He smiled and he shouted the order over his shoulder to the chefs behind him. He moved behind a counter and picked up a phone, he dailed a number and looked at me waiting for my other order. That's right, apparently, I was buying weed. Odd. He asked me how much I wanted with the gesture of an empty palm.

I thought for a second and said "dua orang makan." He didn't hear me over the sounds of chefs and amchinery in the background, so I said it again, louder.

"Dua orang makan."
"Maka," he asked.
"Makan," I answered.

He understood now what I wanted. A small amount enough for two small blunts. A moment passed and the old man walked back to his position at the back of the kitchen. His son entered after him and stood at the counter. His son was a tall Chinese guy, 23 or 24 years old. He was decked out in red modern Japanese/Hip-hop wear. The kind of clothes that make me think there's no such thing as men anymore. Either way, he smiled and reached in his pocket and notioned for me to come closer to the counter.

I went there and asked, "how much?"
He calculated roughly in his head and said, "the bun I give you free, la. So, (Chinese number cruching), ah sixty."
"Shit," I answered. I looked in to my wallet and saw the only realistic thing so far. One ten Ringgit bill. I looked at him and said, "ATM. I'll be right back."
He laughed and agreed to wait.

I headed out of the shop and back on to the streets. It was very very cold outside now. Like I was in Russia. Dim lights illuminating the street corners. People bundled up in jackets walking hand in hand through the snowy street. That's right, during my time in the bun shop it had snowed in Subang.

I headed back down the road I came. It seemed to make perfect sense to me in the dream that the nearest ATM was near my house. But, unlike how I came to Subang, going back was different. Especially when the sky grew dark and heavy rain began to pour. Lightning shoot through the sky with loud thunderous clatter following after it.

Now, to my understanding, Subang where the bun shop was on an elevated hill. To get back down to my place there was a small little metallic bridge that went horizontally off the hill and had a ladder going down to the base.

When I say it was a small bridge, I mean small. It was an industrial metal plate with bars running across the sides for support. Just before the ladder there was a wider spot with a roof covering. As I jogged out on to the metal plank I saw two very Jewish men. beards, hats, long black coats. The whole Jewish outfit. Curly sideburns included. As they walked towards me on the slippery metal plank I noticed in the wider spot of the bridge that there was a large rattlesnake just watching them pass. I heard his tail shake. Sends shivers down my spine. Heavy thunder sounded and and lightning shot.

The snake rose as it spotted me. Now, I was scared but I thought I'd be out of the snake's range if I ran. Not really the case at all. I sprinted pass the snake on the other side to keep as much distance as I could. The creature leaped at me and I jumped forward in fear. It hooked on to my shirt. Missing my skin with it's fangs by a millimeter or two. I fell on my side and began to pull it off. It's muscles tightened. And, honestly it scared the hell out of me. Thunder and lightning. The hiss of the creature and the rattle of it's evil tail. I pulled on it so it would get off but, it's fangs were stuck in the threads of my shirt. I knew, that even though I pulled it off, it's probably be on my again before I could get up.

I managed to rip it off my shirt and flung it against the wall. The ladder was right next to my head. Wet floor. Darkness. If I fell down the later it was an easy two or three hundred foot drop. I tried to get up but my elbows were slipping on the metal. The snake gathered itself and looked at me. I stopped, looked back at it. I could feel the venom that it shot out earlier trickling down my rib cage. Thank God it didn't get me.

We sat and looked at each other for a very intense moment. Each of us beckoning eachother, make the first move. The snake, eventually, realised he was faster than my chubby ass and lept again.

Mouth open, fangs erected and ready to penetrate. Slithering body twisting behind it...

Black.

I woke up breathless. Heart beating furiously. I lay back in my bed and sighed relief. I got out of bed, grabbed my last cigarette and entered my smoke chamber (bathroom) and relived the dream in my head.

I finished the cigarette and tossed it into my toilet. I stepped back in to my room. And there she was in my bed. Facing the wall curled up and sound asleep. I crawled in to bed next to her and put my arm around her. She woke up and turned her head to me. Looking at me over her shoulder she whispered : "you okay?"
"Yeah," I answered, "just a bad dream."
I kissed her shoulder and fell asleep.


This is where I really woke up. As in, when I woke up earlier and had my smoke, I was still dreaming.

Now, what's scary is this.

Number One : I don't share my bed with a woman. I can't put a face on the girl, or her voice. I do not know her. She reminds me of no one that I know.

Number Two: Before I went to sleep that night, for dinner, I had an apple. The snake, and apple. Biblical? Maybe.

Number Three: Considering how I was dreaming when I had the smoke, when I woke up for real. I needed a smoke and realised that, the one last smoke that I had saved for the next morning was gone.

Which parts was I awake. Damn it. It was a weird dream.

What do you think? Comment please.

~love yourself~

2 comments:

  1. what i can say is this dream is about your current situation and the next to come.
    You are now broke all the time even when you receive your miserable paycheck from those assholes, and the snack is ur fear to go the atm all the time to pay whatever need to be paid, and the woman in your bed is your brighter futur, it is welcoming, and full of promise ( free laptop, better pay, respect maybe, all that...) it is a good dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that, ladies and gentleman, is a comment.

    Very good deduction, Math. Didn't think of it that way. Keep up the intelligent comments, dude!

    -Doctor Gill

    ReplyDelete