Sunday, June 28, 2009

O topic, where art thou?

No specific topic yet, but, I'll see where it goes.

So, my dear friend Mathieu is in France now. He seems to like it there. It's definitely good for his wife and boy. Little Louan (not so little anymore) will have a better education in France as compared to the mediocre attempts of schooling here. His wife, Len, can sleep better there. And, the standard of living is so much more enjoyable.

I do pray that everything works out well for them. So, oh-river! (Au revoir!)

I finally saw the 2009 remake or re-imagining of the famous Friday the 13th film.

It's good and bad at the same time. Being an avid fan of good old Jason Voorhees, I was surprised to see him move so fast and silently. It kind of ruined his essence as a big thumping and seemingly clumsy mass murderer.

But, decent direction, decent sound and a rather pointless plot like all of it's predeccessors.

It was not nearly as good as the Halloween reboot by Rob Zombie. Being an even bigger fan of Michael Myers, it was good to see that Rob followed the story and added a little bit of his own darkness to it. Beautifully directed and shot, gritty and disturbingly violent and brutal.

Delicious.

Eagerly looking forward to the sequel and final installment of the Zombie reboot. Shouldn't be bad. Honestly, I can't see any way that Rob can fuck it up at this point. House of 1000 Corpses was disturbing, so, I wasn't eager to see the sequel, The Devil's Rejects. However, I found the sequel to be better than the first. So, given his history of sequels outdoing the originals, Halloween's sequel should be great.

A lot of let downs from Hollywood recently, (Max fucking Payne) so, I'm trying to keep my hopes down. But, I have faith in Zombie's skill as a horror director. He too is a big fan of Michael Myers.

Speaking of Max Payne, let's all mourn the death of Mark Wahlberg's carreer. And, let's rejoice in the fact that Max Payne's third installment is on its way from Rockstar Games' bowels. Looking forward to that.

You know, I'll come back and start with a real topic later... Hope you enjoyed this rant, and if you didn't well, go fuck yourself.

:)

~love yourself~
-Doctor Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment