Thursday, June 18, 2009

~love yourself~

love yourself.

It really is that simple. Now, if you know me, say, as a close friend, or have known me for a long time then you might have caught this in my work, or in my designs or tattooed on a wall by means of amateur graffiti:

love yourself.

In almost all of my productions, at some frame, at some random time in the duration this message will appear for one, maybe two frames. It is a perfect subliminal message to completely mind fuck whoever spots it.

The reason I say it's a mind fuck is because of its meaning. It all depends on you.

The way I see it is, it's a positive message or a funny message born out of a positive message.

Okay, I'll explain.

Positive in a sense that, shit, how hard is it to figure out that love yourself is a good thing?

Funny in this way:
consider 'love yourself' a sarcastic polite way to say 'fuck yourself'. Then, giggle about the idea a little bit, and agree that you should love yourself. Be it, giving yourself a hug, patting yourself on the shoulder, or rubbing out some knuckle babies in the shower before work on Monday morning.

In all fairness, 'love yourself' is just a positive hidden message. But, enjoy the other ways you can look at it from my distorted camcorder viewport.

Oh, and it is also used as a synonym for masturbation. So, on Monday morning when the rest of the household is banging on the bathroom door, because you're holding up in there, and your mother, or father, or spouse is screaming: "Jimmy! What the fuck are you doing in there?!!"

You simply rinse off your hand in the cold shower you're taking look over your shoulder and reply:

"loving myself!"

See if they see it the way the WE now do. That's right, we. By reading this post, I've put a little bit of me into your head. A new perspective.

just be happy its not knuckle babies.

~love yourself~

2 comments: