Monday, June 29, 2009

3+ hours to go

Today holds no bearing but tomorrow.

Ponder that a minute as it sets in to your brain and calls forth the juices that bring about thought. Your synapses jump and shoot. Sending signal after signal. Until your blood boils and your muscles constrain and twitch and all the little hairs on your body grow erect making it feel like a large featherweight paint brush has run a course over your spine.

Over the past few days I've watched, in order, the Hannibal Lecter films, excluding Red Dragon. My favorite being Hannibal. The sequel. Ridley Scott, Anthony Hopkins, Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, and of course, a very under appreciated and under cast actor: Ray Liotta.

Superb down to the last detail.

That being said, I'd like to bring to the stage the psychological elements involved in the film. I've always enjoyed psychology. It is an art form. It is where the truth lies (to quote the tagline from the famed MadMen series on HBO).

Psychology is something I always found interesting. I've spent many days parked in a seat watching people fail to use the senses God has given them. It is very amusing to watch. For instance:

Quite a while back, I was sitting in a shop having a cup of coffee and pondering why women don't like me. I looked at the path infront of me where people would enter the shopping gallery through large automated glass doors. Directly in front of me, approximately 3-4 feet infront of the glass doors, sat an upright, bright yellow, triangle signboard which read : CAUTION! Wet Floor.

Now, I knew, that this would obstruct the blind ones. Indeed it did.

One after the other people walked in and tripped over the sign. Like sheep with out a shepherd. Until, eventually, the signboard fell. But, it didn't stop there. Lying flat on it's side, it was even more dangerous. One after the other, again, people got their feet tagged on it. One guy, fucking idiot that he was, actually stepped on it. The board slid on the floor and before he realised it, he was looking at how his shoelaces were tied as his feet met his eyes and he hit the slippery floor. His student papers settling around him soon after.

I pondered whether I was wrong to have not warned him and came to the conclusion that, as every guilty man says, it wasn't my fault. He was a complete fucking moron. the sign was there. He should have seen it.

So, your opinion please. Should I feel bad for letting that stunad hit the floor, or should I just relish the fact that I witnessed that stunad hit the floor?

It still makes me giggle.

Comment please.

No comments:

Post a Comment